Friday, January 15, 2010

Do I get part of my Pension Plan if I quit my job?

What is the best for a young man for long term savings, like unit linked pension plan et al. who offers the be

These days there are many options for pension plans with several riders ; A hordes of never heard names are floating in the market , like Aviva, Max Newyork, AXA besides our age old LIC, UTI. All claim to have best track records and offer the best scheme. I do not know whom to trust and do not understand their statistics of track records. Please tell me what is the best and how to comperhend that.

Let me assume that you are under 30. It is also assumed that you have taken adequate insurance cover. If you have not yet taken risk cover first get a TERM INSURANCE from LIC which is the cheapest form of risk cover. You can insure yourself for a larger amount with a very small premium. As regards tall claims - they are not here for the cause of charity. You can Trust your Old friend. Now let us come to the main part - INVESTMENT. Never mix your investment with insurance. For unit linked plans they charge a hefty amount as allocation charges starting from 25% and above - of the first yr premium. Some even charge this for the first 3 years. So KEEP YOUR INVESTMENTS AND INSURANCE SEPARATE. For investment look for some good MUTUAL FUNDS. They are less risky compared to Stock Market. In the long run they will give you returns far better than the pension plans and those are tax free. Whatever you pick do it in a disciplined way. You can also go for SIPs Systematic Investment Plans. I know the answer is inadequate. More specific questions are welcome Best of luck Myself is an Investment & Ins. advisor

Bank of America 401k and pension plan benefits. What happens after you quit?
So I've been working at bofa for about two years and Ive been putting money into a 401 k and a HDFC pension plan since a little after I started. Unfortunately because of school, Im going to have to leave but I don't know what happens to the money. Do they keep it or do I and get penalized for it.
You will get you keep the money that you put into the 401k. You should check with the HR department about whether or not you will be able to keep the company's contributions. Some have clauses that require you to work there a certain number of years before the company's contributions are yours. Make sure you keep the statements for the 401k plan so that you can keep track of that money.

Do I get part of my Pension Plan if I quit my job?
I live in Ontario, Canada where I worked for a company for 12 years at which I contributed to a pension plan. I quit one year ago, but am wondering if I am entitled to any of the pension plan?

No comments:

Post a Comment